In this role you will be responsible to ensure the product design and architecture meets the customer quality requirements (including weight, recycling, specifications etc) as well as internal manufacturing capability requirements for cost and timing. You will manage functionally the CAD resources to fulfill the design deliverables within the required time lines.
- Obtain all customers’ technical requirements necessary for the design and look for solutions and technical proposals with the engineering project manager (EPM) for project decisions.
- Realize and pilot design of parts and products including feasibility analysis with regards to specifications from customer.
- Manage daily technical flow of information with the CAD Office and Tier 2 suppliers.
- Check and validate the quality of the CAD files from customer, suppliers and design offices and ensure regular updates of 3D data, 2D drawing and parts’ attributes within the CAD file database.
- Check and suggest reference systems of parts and semi-finished products as well as products during the project.
- Build geometry file with stack-ups and tolerances to ensure the validation by the Geometry Engineer.
- Liaise with toolmaker together with the Injection & Tooling Engineer (ITE) to optimize the design of parts.
- Before the tool kick-off, define and formalize working with the EPM and ITE the tuning zone areas required for tools realization.
- Validate technically the drawings before submission to project for further validation.
Interfacing with Tier 2 Suppliers:
- Provide all suppliers all 3D data needed and analyze the planning of the design of the supplier and check that it is compatible with own activities?
- Check and validate the 3D designs and give feedback to suppliers and internally.
- Work according to the health, safety and environmental requirements.
Interfacing with Internal Design Teams
- Provide 3D data and functional specifications, update the 3D if needed.
- Propose and lead the design reviews on his project.
- Execute the actions decided during design reviews and update regularly the action plan
- Take into account perimeter changes after written validation from the engineering project manager
- Participate to the study and means validation of checking fixtures.
- During tuning phase, validate drawing from suppliers and participate to tool trials as well as managing the manufacturing of samples for customers.
- Participate to events at the customer and suggest medications on parts and products to meet the requirements.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Good knowledge of plastics
- Able to lead 3D and 2D CAD activities
- English: professional verbal and written communication skills
- Japanese: professional verbal and written communication skills
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.