A position has come available in the run up to the launch of a new production facility in Koriyama, Fukushima for a production control and logistics engineer where you will be responsible for driving the implementation of Production Control & Logistics (PC&L) tools and methodologies within a plant.
The main missions of the role are:
- Ensure the plant implementation of PC&L methods and tools.
- Provide plant with PC&L standards: Material Information Flow Analysis (MIFA), Milk run, leveling, etc.
- Define PC&L deployment objectives on a semi-annual basis and build up an action plan in cooperation with the plant and division PC&L managers.
- Set up the means to achieve the action plan and ensure results.
- Communicate Improvement initiatives: train and coach plant employees when necessary and carry out progress workshops.
- Support management in the implementation of PC&L tools and provide technical support to other functions.
- Propose, in coordination with the Production System Efficiency coordinator, visual management systems in order to improve reactivity in case of problems.
- Identify and implement best practices.
- Ensure Know-how capitalization and check that standard forms are used.
- Master's degree in engineering
- Experience in production in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of quality matters
- International mind set, overseas experience a plus
- English fluent speaker
- Fluent English
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.