Reporting to the Group Development Leader for New Energy the role would be to pilot the product design and development for assigned programs and to ensure that the system performance meets technical requirements.
- Lead the projects in accordance with internal rules and principles to achieve targets with a permanent focus on timing and cash control while ensuring reliability, safety, compliance and procedures of the product / system to ergonomic rules.
- Promote hydrogen applications within the Japan region with regards to:
1. Project management
- Technical counterpart with clients for projects under consideration.
- Create a strong positive image for new energy business and support the sales and business development activities.
- Analyze the needs of both internal stakeholders and external customers and make recommendations for improvements to the program team and the customers.
- Identify the risks and the scope during the development phases and escalate to management.
- Contribute to the preparation of the gate reviews (and in any other program/project review as necessary).
- Manage customer product requests to make them compatible with the firm’s know-how.
- Be aware of and apply customer specific requirements
- Participate actively to Marketing and Technical events across the country or even within the region.
- Collect and share the trend of the market, in term of customer expectation, governmental policies in order to keep the firm focused on expected products.
2. Product Development
- Be responsible for the product from quotation until end of service life.
- Ensure the product meets customer requirements, quality targets, certification regulations and
- unchangeable, including CAD Design, mechanical simulations, material choices, composite layer
- Be the responsible for Design Failure Mode Effects and Analysis (DFMEA), Design Validation Plan & Report (DVP&R), Bill of Material (BOM).
- Interface with development team (components, materials, process & systems) to promote the technologies required to support the program.
- Direct Validation Engineers/Technicians in the development of the design and process validation plans.
- Direct the manufacture, assembly and validation of prototype parts and if necessary, take part of the manufacturing and validation.
- Respect the development procedure and identify and contact new suppliers in order to perform analysis to validate them.
- Propose and lead the research projects, from the design of experiments to the validation.
- Communicate with other development engineers to keep the design method and lessons learned, up-to-date to build the firm’s shared capabilities.
- Support the installation of new equipment including specification, risk analysis lock-out tag-out (LOTO) procedures, layouts, power supply etc.
- Be the technical counterpart for the understanding of the pressure vessel certifications and regulations.
- Formalize the product folder.
- Approve the deliverables of product-related research and development services in time.
- Approve supplier deliverables for product definition (3D CAD, plans, protos, validation, etc.).
- Release drawings/math data to the customer that meet individual customer’s standards
- Release drawings/math data to suppliers for the manufacture of tooling, prototypes, components and assembly aids associated with the program.
- Propose innovative idea to solve problems related to the product and process.
3. Program Finance & Planning:
- Establish budget and manages development, tooling and other expenses of project within budget objectives and optimizing cash.
- Set project planning, anticipates deviations, risks and takes corrective actions.
- Take part in the "design to cost" approach.
- Promote existing components and standard solutions.
- Managing the sequence of optimal design tasks.
- Use of simulation, calculation and pre-validation means.
- Reducing loops in the development process: doing well the first time.
4. Support the laboratory
- Formalize manufacturing methods.
- Check and approve the manufacturing and testing quality reports written by the technicians.
- Be aware of the equipment working processes to be able to support the technician: the filament-winding machine, the oven, the testing benches, the cutting machine, etc.
- Ensure the correct respect of LOTO procedures and approve safety instructions.
- Lead and support the technician to ensure the good maintenance of the equipment.
- Check and approve the manufactured product quality.
- Bachelor degree at least and minimum 5 years as Automotive / Engineering / Mechanical Experience
- Fluent in both Japanese and English
- Experience working on projects in a matrix organization.
- Develop experience with Vehicle OEM project (min 3 projects)
- Good knowledge of automotive standards
- Strong knowledge and experience of Project Management
- Basic understanding of the capabilities of common CAE systems
- Ability to understand technical and financial stakes
- Strong Knowledge in mechanical understanding (stress analysis, material, modeling, etc)
- Good knowledge in gas system management / system composite
- As a plus, Good knowledge of Blow Molding, Welding, Robotics, Filament winding
- Ability to operate at multiple level in a starting business: from technical to business development to project management
- Rigorous and Well organized
- Very good relationship with internal interlocutors, customers, suppliers.
- Strong problem-solving skills