The Development Engineer is responsible for technical product definition and process feasibility, in line with program planning, quality and costs targets. He/she will apply Group standards following the company systems to guide the concept and design detail of a product, tool and/or equipment.
- Manage technical aspects of a program: Prepare and update other program related technical documentation; Ensure that the technical convergence plan meets product quality and costs targets.
- Manage Bought Out Parts (BOP) definition and ensure technical integration of suppliers, coordinate technical management of tool suppliers relying on process/tool engineers and experts.
- Interface with the customer's engineering team.
- Interface with engineering teams (from Concept & Development to production).
- Interface with suppliers’ partners engineering team members.
- Plan critical path.
- Apply industrial policies and guidelines (Production System Efficiency, Supply chain,Ergonomy, etc…).
- Liaise with industrial engineer so that product and process characteristics are under control when production is launched.
▪ Master's degree in engineering.
▪ Experience in R&D within an industrial environment.
▪ Experience in Design & Development of plastic injection parts, ideally in the automotive industry.
▪ Knowledge and experience in Project Management process.
▪ Intimacy with JOEM organization and the engineering team would be appreciated.
▪ Team player with strong communication skills.
▪ International mind set.
▪ Minimum bi-lingual (English and Japanese required).
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.