European automotive supplier specialized in plastics for products ranging from external components through to system level. Strong in composite materials for light weighting the vehicle, the firm is going from strength to strength.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will be responsible for partnering with the business departments in Japan to coordinate and coach on key HR processes such as performance reviews. The role also supports teams to diagnose organizational and people development as well as performance improvement needs. This role is a key player in enhancing the company culture and employee engagement.
- Understand business trends, objectives and requirements, working out corporate and potentially plant HR plant and headcount forecasting.
- Working with business leaders, anticipate turnover concerns or organizational evolution to work on appropriate action plans.
- Be responsible to coordinate the hiring plan in Japan and directly be in charge of hiring.
- Establish excellent relationship with external agencies and motivate them to contribute to the success of the firm.
Training & Development
- Identify training needs by performance appraisals and development reviews.
- Orchestrate the training plan, budget, process and delivery and direct action on training for the HQ and coordinate with support at the plant level.
- Help in finding suitable learning solutions from internal and external offerings to meet the needs.
- Coordinate people review activities in Japan in order to support retention, talent development and succession planning through action plans and follow up.
- Be in close communication with department managers
- Monitor training ROI and review the results annually to assess effectiveness.
- Be responsible for performance management
- Performance monitoring and improvement action follow up
- Employee Announcements
- Reinforce internal communications utilizing various means to ensure that managers and employees clearly understand expectations on them
- CSR Activities
- Promote company culture and carry out annual activity plan
- Bachelor Degree in HR or relevant discipline
- 3 to 5 years solid experience in an HR related function
- Familiar with HR in multiple areas (e.g. Talent Acquisition, L&D, Performance Management etc)
- Good understanding of labor law and local personnel and labor regulations
- Good understanding of recruitment
- Computer Literate
- Strong Command of English and Native / Near Native Level Japanese (JLPT N1)
- Constructive assessment capabilities with a good team working mentality
- Experience in automotive or manufacturing environment
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.