Be a part of a widely recognized automotive manufacturer working dedicatedly as a Legal and Compliance Specialist for a well-known automotive brand.
- Support business teams with compliance processes, IT systems, and training programs on topics, such as business relationship due diligence, antitrust, anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, data privacy and information security.
- Review and comment on commercial contracts, such as standard confidentiality, service, purchasing, and other agreements. Assist in revising standard templates.
- Research and consult on the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations, especially, corporate law, contract law, employment law, antimonopoly law, and advertising regulations.
- Support the organization in protecting its legal and business interests in proceedings before the courts and government authorities.
- Communicate with central and regional counterparts, external counsel, and other business partners.
Perform corporate secretarial tasks with the help of external counsel in order prepare shareholder and board resolutions, update company registration, articles of incorporation, and related documentation.
- Administer processes related to company seals and e-signatures, including required approvals and stamp duty.
- Prepare and file documentation in paper and electronic form, including operating the contract management system and processing invoices.
- Organize corporate regulations and compliance manuals. Keep translations up to date.
- Prepare content for Legal & Compliance intranet pages and newsletters to all staff.
- Assist in controlling the Legal & Compliance budget.
- Bachelor of laws or higher or similar legal education.
- At least 5 years of experience in an international law firm and/or major in-house legal department.
- Native-level Japanese and business-level English (written and spoken).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good sense of humor and team player.
- Strong commercial background to proactively qualify potential risks and find pragmatic solutions in volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous situations.
- Ability to prioritize, focus and deliver on time while managing a variety of projects.
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.