• Increase the overall Compliance level & minimize risk exposure and secure an adequate level of Compliance Control including broker management, internal control, post entry control etc.
• Increase efficiency, minimize import/export lead time & reduce import/export costs and lead and drive the development activities, including process development, in order to optimize the Customs processes and procedures.
• Customs Laws and Regulations Advisory
• Customs and Trade Compliance Processes
• Customs Privileges e.g. Free Zone, CKD, Bonded Facilities and other relevant privileges and concession
• HS Tariff Classification
• Customs and Trade Planning
• Customs and Trade optimization (duty saving)/ Capturing Trade opportunity
• FTAs, Trade policies, barriers, measures
• Origin Control and Management
• Customs Projects/Trainings/Systems/ Automated solutions/Valuation/Controversy Management/Disputes/Process Development/
• Internal Customs Audit/Health Check
• Export Control
• Function as a center of expertize for Export Control with focus on products and spare parts, software and technology
• Coordinate and support in classification of products and spare parts from a technical perspective (Dual Use, US-content and sanctions)
• Participate in identification of current and potential risks regarding Export Control
• Participate in the implementation of export control processes
• Create and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders such as Legal Departments, Sales divisions, Technology departments and Operations on specific export control matters
• Secure license applications and other communications with various governmental agencies.
• Manage prerequisites towards the other processes, routines and tools to secure an efficient export control program
• Train and inform on export control rules
- This position will have the responsibility to keep customs and trade compliance & trade globally
- Secure Customs and Trade Compliance Directive
- Handle/ secure customs and trade areas in a truly broad perspective and to suggest compliant and efficient solutions
- Customs and trade relevant Process setup and management
- Customs Database Management
- Project involvement from compliance perspective and process control
- Take the interface between custom authorities and colleagues/partners on customs Audits
- Work closely with other departments, external suppliers, forwarders, LSPs, Customs authorities and relevant authorities
- Support Brokers evaluation and audit (Customs Broker Management)
- Liaise with Customs Authorities (externally)/ Legal (internally) on compliance issue
- Update/ monitor policies and regulations, translate Customs regulations into practical business solutions and establish the proper procedures for Customs compliance and key stakeholders
- Assist to develop inbound/outbound/packaging freight flows with focus on reducing customs related lead-times and costs, including provide information on availability as well as legal requirements in utilizing duty relief programs and procedures such as Free zone/Bonded Warehouse, Inward-/Outward Processing relief, VMI set up etc.
- Make customs assessments for all sites (if applicable) to support on customs processes improvement and optimization and to find potentials for customs related savings.
- Provide customs and trade compliance trainings to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Essential educational and/or training qualifications and certificates
- Degree in Customs, Laws, Economics, International Business or equivalent
- More than 5 years with Customs and Trade Compliance experience
- Experiences in Consulting and automotive industry is preferable
- Strong knowledge about Customs and Trade
- Strong knowledge of Customs processes and regimes.
- Good understanding of the Businesses, especially the Logistics set-ups
- Strong leadership skill
- Good communication skills
- Result – oriented
- Structured work approach with Project management skills
- Significant change management abilities
- Self-motivated, take initiatives to change process and procedures
- Knowledge of European and American export control regulations*
- Experience from work related to Regulatory Compliance work
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision. Getting the work done
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
- High skills in building strong networks/relationships with other departments.
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required.
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.