Fast growing European firm expanding in the Japan market at the request of a large Japanese customer to bring and implement their order preparation systems with fleets of robots that operate in three dimensions in a saleable way to keep pace with the changing needs of the business.
- Work alongside global colleagues here in Japan to make and conduct the implementation of the systems on site at the client’s warehousing facilities.
- Ability to work equally in the office planning and in the field for a typical time period of 2 weeks to several months.
- You will be the technical partner of the project manager.
- Your work will start once the construction of the warehouse itself is complete and you will manage the installation and deployment of processes of new and advanced technologies with the goal to transform the constructed warehouses into fully operational robotized unit delivering the contractual logistics performance.
- In the office you will start by designing the projects and preparing the detailed implementation plans and installation of the fleets of robots by defining the routes and robot configuration.
- At the site you will install, boot and set-up the fleets of robots in incremental steps until the full fleet is installed and the machines are connected to the system so you can test the installed systems and validate the robots’ configuration, adapt the standard software solution to site and reduce the gaps until full performance and safety get demonstrated.
- Accompany the project managers for maintaining the schedule and contractual milestones and supervise the contractors and suppliers working onsite.
- Escalate issues to tech support team or engineering if required.
- Bachelor of Degree or equivalent in Engineering Required
- You are a fan of robots and want to work in the robotics area not only in offices but also in the field where the firm equips warehouses.
- Strong interest in operational field robotics.
- Ability to work on various technical tasks including mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Problem solving, broad software, mechanical and electrical engineering skills and ability to learn competencies in robotic design and configuration.
- Versatility and skills to assume full scope of engineering job covering planning, installation and client interface.
- Good data base management skills and SQL programming basic skills to intervene on robots and software interfaces (C++ for navigation systems and Astar for centralized traffic system)
- At ease with manual work and ideally enjoying these kind of roles.
- High level of autonomy and working with high energy and a positive can do attitude.
- Fluent English Fluent Japanese
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.