This position will lead commercial activities of the Japan Light Vehicle business.
The position serves as the primary commercial customer contact for related projects.
This position is also responsible for selectively pursuing, quoting and acquiring new business with the customers under the Key Account Manager.
- Develop customer and market strategies employing strategic selling and other techniques in accordance with segment strategic sales goals
- Take a lead of global Japanese OEM business pursuit activities by collaborating with regions outside of Japan.
- Act as primary commercial customer contact
- Quoting/pricing, cost estimate and business case development
- Market Analysis with design, quality, delivery , service and cost data
- Assist and support VA/VE & TVM activities
- Business Development / Screen potential new business
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in business or engineering or advanced
- Minimum 5 years sales/commercial experience in OEM automotive industry
- Proven tracking record in commercial/business with a tier 1 supplier
- Knowledge of powertrain, engines or after treatment systems is preferred
- Experience working with and relationships with Nissan, MMC and Isuzu are preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability work in multi-cultural environment
- Capabilities and experience to negotiate with customers in pricing and business award
- Global program management skills
- Experience in financial & technical business negotiations
- Demonstrated negotiating skills with proven progressive commercial success
- Must be able to deliver professional presentations
- Business level English communication skill is must
- Must have basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Power-point, etc.)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including travel and attending conference calls at night
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.