Reporting to the Application Engineering Manager, the role would be responsible for the development of the complete fuel system for assigned programs and to ensure that the system performance meets technical requirements and regulations taking into account customers satisfaction and profitability. You will be coordinating the activities of the extended Development Team for the Project (Architecture & components, CAD / Simulation, Lab, support prototype manufacturing) and designing products to optimize manufacturability, quality and reliability.
- Coordinate CAD design, CAE, Design reviews, product DFMEA and Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) reviews (internal and with suppliers)
- Define Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R) plan, coordinate the testing and lead product changes in order to meet the technical requirements.
- Create and maintains BOM (Product structure) from throughout relevant phases
- Maintain open issues list with items related to product.
- Identify technical risks, define and implements corrective action plans.
- Release drawings / math data to the customer that meets the individual customer’s standards.
- Release drawings / math data to suppliers for the manufacture of tooling, prototypes, components and assembly aids associated with the program.
- Integrates Process constraints and communicate product requirement and constraints to other team members.
- Develop teamwork on a collaborative mode and works in synergy with all Core Team members to achieve Project objectives.
- Maintain day to day contact with Customer on technical issues.
- Ensure best practices and design guide line are applied and standardization across programs
- Participates to process & continuous improvement process.
- Propose VAVE ideas / cost savings.
- Feedback lessons learned to expertise community and other team members.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- 5-year previous experience either in CAD, Lab or design with automotive company
- Ability to maintain working relationship with internal and external teams
- Knowledge of ISO9001 & TS 16949 procedures.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- English: professional verbal and written communication skills
- Japanese: professional verbal and written communication skills
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.