As a Director of Procurement, directly reporting to our COO, you will be empowered to work closely with leaders across Engineering and Corporate functional leaders to deliver the goals and objectives with regards external spend and partnerships with strategic suppliers. You will develop and lead the R&D Procurement team and develop new procurement capabilities, Partnership management and Supplier Performance & Innovation.
- Develop procurement compliance processes and infrastructure of the company
- Lead the business unit purchasing team to achieve best-in-industry costs, including develop and execute commodity strategies, set new & existing model cost targets and budgets for the BU
- Deliver and exceed cost reduction targets through clean sheet analysis, supplier network optimization, global sourcing, identification of new suppliers & competitive RFPs, supplier negotiation, and coaching for both new models and existing models
- Run a scalable management process to maximize team performance, enable global collaborative culture within the team
- Liaise with the COO and key functional leaders on group-wide initiatives
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Must be willing to roll-up sleeves and get work done, while assessing, managing and mitigating risks
- Inspire procurement best practices by cultivating an open and innovative team culture
- Setting up Procurement Function and building out an innovative, diverse and inclusive team
- Negotiate and close contracts with vendors (big and small) at a competitive price point at the speed required to support a growing business
- Work closely with global counterparts to leverage brand competitiveness to achieve global pricing benefits
- Develop close working relationships with all vendors to achieve not only the best price but also the best support and partnership with vendors (early access to products, contribution to product roadmap)
- Partner with leadership to develop strategic vendor partnerships which aligns to the business growth strategy
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently and idiomatically
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in strategic sourcing or related roles
- University degree in Engineering/Supply Chain/Material Management/Procurement related field strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Procurement related business processes.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Passion for Technology and Mobility
- Demonstrate commitment to cultural sensitivity and working in a diverse environment
- Demonstrate strong skill of supplier management and stakeholders engagement and coordination
- Demonstrate strong leadership; Processes ability to collaborate widely across the local site, with affiliates and regional/global teams. Must be able to build strong relationships, coach and influence peers and key stakeholders
- Worked with major cloud service providers and technology multi-nationals
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.