Joined an ambition firm in their Shin Yokohama office in a team which is taking more responsibility for the design and software releases to their JOEM customers.
As Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing the software components (detailed design), code the software components and test the software components based on the software architecture and the software requirements within a project.
- Development (design, implement, test and debug) of core / application specific software requirements for automotive embedded electronic module serial production projects.
- Develop software in compliance with a formal ASPICE/CMMi based Global Product Engineering Process (GPEP).
- Verify software requirements at component and bench level
- Perform work assignments as a highly competent software engineer, requiring independent design, implementation and testing of the software components
- Work assignments primarily involve intermediate through advanced level work, moving toward complete technical competency and mastery of the field
Software Engineer (Integration)
- Integration of the software components to a complete system and make the software available for the project team and the customer.
- Maintain and expand the existing infrastructure for software development, Software build and release management (Jenkins server, Continuous integration, automatic creation of release notes)
- Support the extension of the test environment of the existing software test automation (smoke test, component test, integration test)
- Support the development of tools within the continuous integration process and smoke test
Software Engineer (Test)
- Responsible for creating a software test plan and a software test Specification.
- Define, setup, and maintain the test framework and create the interface to the automatic build processes.
- Define software test work packages that can be executed by other test Engineers.
- Track the progress and communicate to the software Project manager.
- Responsible for Software Requirements Analysis, Software component and software integrations tests based on Software architecture and Software Requirements.
- Perform Software Tests and create reports for each software release.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
- 4-8 years’ relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities for automotive electronics serial development projects
- Involvement in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of embedded software development in C/C++ for 16bit and 32bit micro-controllers including application for micro-controllers such as Freescale PPC, ARM core, TI DSP, Microchip or Renasas.
- Experience with implementation of low-level device driver software such as SPI, I2C, PWM for various microcontrollers.
- Able to work effectively in a global environment
- Self-motivation, tenacity, and determination are very useful in this position
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision
- Comprehensive knowledge of English (speak & write) Fluent – Native in Japanese Language
Skills + :
- Experience in using a disciplined software development process based on ASPICE or CMMi process model
- Working knowledge of configuration management (preferably PTC/MKS), project monitoring and control techniques
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Knowledge of structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques
- Knowledge of analysis and engineering tools such as version control/configuration management, UML tools, static code check tools
- Working knowledge of CAN, and LIN based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, neoVI, and LIN based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, neoVI.