The purpose of the role is to ensure that appropriate financial products are available in the market to drive sales volumes, serve customers and ensure that ROI is maintained at the highest levels.
- Customer experience – enable outstanding customer experiences that maximise customer satisfaction and loyalty through premium, branded financial services (FS) products and Change Cycle Management programmes.
- Partner management – challenge our financial services partners to deliver best-in-class products and services to our customers, while acting as the primary point of contact for day-to-day operational matters including branding, launch planning, benchmarking and reporting.
- Routes-to-Market – challenge the business to use Variable Marketing (VM) budgets in support of FS programmes that maximise sales, brand experience and customer loyalty
- FS Communications – work to embed FS within the marketing framework, ensuring that FS messages are communicated effectively via all above- and below-the-line channels, including print, out-of-home, digital, experiential, and point-of-sale
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) – collaborate with Fleet & Business and Approved Pre-Owned departments to drive initiatives that improve the Residual Values (RVs) of vehicles, while working with our FS Partners to make available products that leverage our strong RVs and reduce TCO, thus improving affordability for the customer.
- Training – coordinate the creation and provision of FS training courses that ensure retailer sales and management teams are equipped to provide outstanding customer experiences, which enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Wholesale funding – oversee provision of floorplan funding on a per-retailer basis, ensuring that the firm generates positive cash flow on both locally produced and imported vehicles, while ensuring a smooth and positive experience for the retail network.
- Performance management – acquire and analyse data to power a full suite of Management Information (MI) reports that include key FS performance indicators such as finance penetration, satisfaction indices, finance renewals and product splits.
- FS Capability – own & lead the market deployment of Connect, to develop and evidence best-in-market FS capabilities that increase finance penetration and customer loyalty.
- Performance Management - Manage the FS finance penetration budget setting process with FS Partners;
Drive FSP sales performance through regular reviews with the FSP Managers; Evidence high performance and progress through regular reporting to Global FS; Analysis of key metrics to identify risks & opportunities – analysis to include:
- Market performance versus budgeted objective;
- Penetration levels by product and by model;
- Finance product mix;
- Competitive position (benchmarking) across vehicle range;
- Lost business reporting, using lien data from vehicle registrations;
- Customer and Satisfaction Indices;
- Finance renewals and customer loyalty.
- FS Partner Management - Conduct regular meetings with FS partners to review market performance, identify risks and opportunities and agree action plans;
- Develop FS Business Plan for the market, to deliver FS penetration objectives; Review competitive position of partner-supplied products in the market, developing proactive and remedial action plans as necessary;
- Leverage FS partner expertise to support development of quarterly & tactical marketing programmes to ensure the achievement of the firm’s objectives.
- Customer Loyalty: Ensure local implementation of global customer loyalty strategy, working closely with Sales, CRM and IT teams, as well as FS partner teams.
- Develop and implement a local end-of-contract process that gives an exceptional customer experience and drives high levels of customer loyalty; Work with CRM team to ensure that FS messages are included at all appropriate touch points in the customer life cycle.
- A strong understanding of the Automotive Financial Services industry
- A detailed knowledge of retail and wholesale dealer and customer Financial Services products and services
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated with strong customer focus
- Very organised and able to prioritise a diverse workload and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to influence high-level decision makers and within external partner organizations including banks and large financial institutions
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment with a reputation for meeting deadlines and delivering a consistently high standard of work
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills, able to present complex issues in a brief and straight forward manner
- Sound commercial judgement and confidence to contribute effectively when operating at the highest level
- Highly competent with MS packages including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Committed to growing the Brand through the development of the Financial Services business
- Experience of developing and managing Full-Service Leasing (FSL) and Operating Lease products, preferably for premium brands, in a competitive environment
- An excellent understanding of FIM (Finance & Insurance Management) Dealer Development Programs
- Understanding of wholesale forecasting/volume planning process
- Dealer Risk Management analysis and process
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.