A British automotive Tier 1 supplier company with a specialization in driveline, drivetrain and powertrain components development and manufacturing. With a proud history stemming back to 1759, this company is one of the oldest suppliers on the market. Transmission engineering including coorperation with design, manufacturing, purchasing, account teams from sketch to production.
- Perform a role in the Project organization related to the area of specialization.
- Perform engineering development work.
- Produce engineering deliverables according to the defined engineering scope.
- Deliver role specific CAPM related engineering deliverables
- Creation of automotive Standards for global use.
- Documentation and reporting of development results.
- Benchmarking of competitor products.
- Execute role specific work packages as assigned by team leader
- Patent review support
- Provide input and support for: o Product specifications. o Concern history. o Product cost analysis. o Work as and when required with purchasing and process specialists.
- Transmission system layout/structure definition based on inverter, e-machine and gearbox. Engineering development work in cooperation with various groups (design, CAE, program management, purchasing and manufacturing), external suppliers and OEM’S.
- Define, evaluate, optimize and document transmission gears (running gears and differential bevel gears), bearings, washers, shafts, housing interface for procurement or manufacturing.
- Prepare and conduct fatigue, NVH and efficiency analysis considering transmission system. Correlate analytical and experimental results including model training for fatigue, NVH and efficiency.
- Work with external service suppliers (Romax, SMT, Ricardo and others) in case capacity limitations for fatigue, NVH and efficiency evaluation.
- Documentation, reporting of development results and presentation to OEM’s including creation of automotive standards for global use in agreement with transmission group.
- Provide product specifications (gears & bearings based on system boundary conditions), alignment of required manufacturing quality with required quality, provide engineering support for 8D-reports, work as and when required with purchasing/process specialists and suppliers.
- Manufacturing process knowledge
- Transmission engineering incl. shafts, bearings, gears and housings. Usage of engineering tools for prediction of life time, efficiency and NVH. Experiences in at least one of in following listed software packages: SABR/GEAR, ROMAX, MASTA, WORKBENCH, Wtplus, BECAL or other FVA-Software packages.
- Experience with transmission systems especially electric drive systems with their specific noise (NVH), efficiency and durability requirements and their interaction with the other system elements like e-motor and inverter.
- Financial Acumen
- Product Safety (Design Specific)
- Physical Design Modeling, CAD experience
- Gear and bearing technology knowhow, design or CAE experiences are essential for this role. Scientific capabilities with professional day-by-day work & public presentations.
- Expert knowledge in at least in gear and/or bearing technology with good understanding of manufacturing processes and toolings. Knowledge of related CAE and design tools and inspection methods (metrology, metallurgy).
- Capability to manage problem solving task teams for transmission related issues with the ability to directly interact with the customer, suppliers and the other involved project team parties.
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.