The main responsibility of this role is to promote and sell new and used vehicles, commercial aftersales products (apparel, accessories and parts) together with services within a designated region in Japan. The role is client (dealer) facing and would require strong relationship building skills to develop the dealer relations and support them to meet and exceed their sales targets. The role also exists to support the dealers to develop their sales capabilities and uphold the positive brand image of the company. This role may require occasional weekend and evening work.
- Build and develop dealer relationships within the region/segment, acting as a communication channel between the dealer and company through regular dealer meetings, providing relevant updates on the full range of products and services.
- Develop and promote products and services to new and existing dealers working in accordance with sales and market development strategies defined by the company, meeting agreed sales volumes and targets.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the dealer’s business and identify sales opportunities for products.
- Ensure the dealers actively works with Lead (prospect) Data and follow up sales and opportunities.
- Support the dealers to develop and increase the customer base within the region, identifying new customer contacts and business opportunities.
- Demonstrate vehicles by using demonstration vehicles, catalogues, technical specifications, illustrations, systems and software provided by the factory.
- Keep updated in relation to changes in vehicles, technical assistance, new models or company policies introduced.
- Where appropriate, build and develop relationships with suppliers to assist in the packaging of a complete solution for the customer.
- Work in cooperation with other departments to achieve business objectives, ensuring that there is open and effective communication.
- Monitor market and competitor activity, trends and demands, and inform appropriate persons within the organization.
- Support and promote a safe and healthy work environment maintaining safe work practices at all times.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures, including the completion of documents and records
- Promote and work with the Dealer Standards to ensure uniform quality standards in all areas of the business Core Values
Qualifications & Requirements
- Higher education degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in sales
- Effective sales, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and target driven.
- Knowledge of (the product and) motorcycle industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and manage key relationships and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development.
- Ability to take initiative and work under pressure.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player.
- General computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Basic English language knowledge is necessary
- Driver license (Car & Motorcycle preferred)
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.