Reporting to the Japan Customer Center Director your main mission will be to develop profitable business opportunities with Japanese OEMs worldwide in line with the business plan and to promote energy systems solutions focused on:
- Japanese OEMs where there is currently no business yet.
- Promoting new technologies to Japanese OEMs
- Capture new business at Japanese OEM activities focusing on new OEMs not in the current portfolio.
- Focused on new technologies in the new energy business.
- Interact with local, regional and worldwide sales team to develop new opportunities.
- Build strong intimate relationships at operational and management level with customers and partners.
- Contribute to results by generating profitable growth while following corporate guidelines to build offers to customers and take an active part in the definition of budgeting and business planning.
- Monitor and report on market evolution including regulation changes to New Energy policies and local and national regulations and opportunities to apply new energy systems.
- Know the competitive landscape for hydrogen storage and fuel cells and propose products and pricing strategy for new energy products and deploy those strategies to various levels in the organization.
- Evangelize the new technologies and participate to external events including tech days and shows while also defining the communication guidelines to increase reputation and image.
- Search for potential business alliance partners to address tactical needs to further deploy market presence.
- Define and monitor business plans with the customer center directors both in Japan and worldwide to ensure maximizing worldwide RFQs or localization of existing programs worldwide.
- Understand the storage for Fuel Systems, SCR, Fuel Cell product and functionalities
- Understand and communicate the customer needs and make adequate technical proposals.
- Train customer in understanding energy technologies and promote the firms strengths vis-à-vis competitors.
- Lead the core team on small projects acting as a PM to manage early phases of projects as demonstrator.
- Interact with Storage Core Teams in China and Europe and for Fuel Cells in Europe’s technical teams to keep projects on target, be aware of product evolutions and propose further development needs in accordance with perceived market needs.
- You will be evaluated on your ability to execute your business plan, new product penetration. new market penetration and new customer penetration.
- 10 years automotive experience in both sales and technical fields
- High knowledge and experience of where Japanese OEM presence is strong and growing including US, China, India and ASEAN.
- Bilingual (Japanese and English)
- Strong Team Work and Leadership
- Positive Attitude, Empathy and Consensus Building Approach
- Results orientation and customer focus