A position has come available in the run up to the launch of a new production facility in Koriyama, Fukushima for a production control and logistics engineer where you will be responsible for driving the implementation of Production Control & Logistics (PC&L) tools and methodologies within a plant.
The main missions of the role are:
- Ensure the plant implementation of PC&L methods and tools.
- Provide plant with PC&L standards: Material Information Flow Analysis (MIFA), Milk run, leveling, etc.
- Define PC&L deployment objectives on a semi-annual basis and build up an action plan in cooperation with the plant and division PC&L managers.
- Set up the means to achieve the action plan and ensure results.
- Communicate Improvement initiatives: train and coach plant employees when necessary and carry out progress workshops.
- Support management in the implementation of PC&L tools and provide technical support to other functions.
- Propose, in coordination with the Production System Efficiency coordinator, visual management systems in order to improve reactivity in case of problems.
- Identify and implement best practices.
- Ensure Know-how capitalization and check that standard forms are used.
- Master's degree in engineering
- Experience in production in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of quality matters
- International mind set, overseas experience a plus
- English fluent speaker
- Fluent English