European automotive supplier specialized in plastics for products ranging from external components through to system level. Strong in composite materials for light weighting the vehicle, the firm is going from strength to strength.
Reporting to the Finance Controller for Japan & Korea and responsible for a small team of financial accountants your role will be to take responsibility for planning, supervising and controlling the preparation of financial statements in accordance with local statutory, IFRS and Group Standards.
- Closely work with Finance Controller Japan & Korea and shall be able to prepare and analyze reports for group reporting purpose as well as ad-hoc studies supporting decision-making process
- Work is performed in a fast-paced environment requiring high flexibility.
Management / Team Development:
- Directly manage the Japan Finance accounting team (4 direct people at the moment) and develop competencies in line with the growth of the company
- Adapt and structure the accounting organization to achieve entity and department objectives while observing corporate guidelines.
- Enhance the collaboration of finance with other departments on financial matters as appropriate
- Contribute to Finance function continuous improvement both for Technical Center in Tokyo as well as for the plant in Kyushu (requiring frequent business trips to Kitakyushu plant)
Accounting and Internal Controls:
- Enforces the application of both Corporate and local accounting standards (IFRS and JGAAP respectively)
- Implements Corporate financial, functioning and operating procedures and control their enforcement
- Maintain integrity of the accounts through monthly reviews of full balance sheet (ageing balances for all accounts and management of accruals and prepaid expenses)
- Administer general accounting, fixed assets register and inventory valuation in coordination with Plant and Technical Center FP&A team
- Controls and books payroll in coordination with HR Department
- Supports SAP enhancements and act as a key user for finance modules
- Liaises with Corporate for any legal, treasury and taxation issues.
- Window person with external/internal auditors, tax advisors, banks, lending institutions, and tax authorities.
- Prepare the yearly tax return with the support of tax advisor and in charge of other tax computation (consumption tax, business duties and withholding taxes) and Corporate reporting
- Actively committed to strengthen the internal control environment
Country Finance Controller support:
- Coordinates the costing process in SAP in coordination with the Plant Controller
- Coordinates monthly rolling forecast, budget and Business Plan processes for Japan under the supervision of the Finance Controller Japan & Korea
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for local management.
- Japanese native and English fluency (working language)
- Strong experience in accounting, costing, pricing, and financial reporting
- Has operated or ability to operate on topics such as budgeting, forecasting and FP&A
- Japanese or US CPA with BIG 4 experience as an auditor or manager
- 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years of team management as Chief Accountant or Finance manager, preferably in the automotive/manufacturing industry and for a global organization.
- Ability to follow up issues related to trans-functional processes (Finance, Purchasing, Logistics, Sales)
- SAP experience as a key user: FI, CO, MM and SD modules.
- Japanese tax declaration process experienced
- Ability to analyze and prepare Financial Statements based on IFRS & Japanese GAAP
- Budgeting/forecasting processed experience
- Excellent mastering of excel and PowerPoint
- HFM knowledge preferred
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.