Join a giant technology start up at their global HQ and be an instrumental part of growing the organization into an agile, Silicon Valley styled culture right here in the heart of Tokyo.
The firm will be the link to take early stage mobility technologies and develop them through to mass production in order to deliver the mobility capabilities and services of the future.
The position will be reporting to VP of Business Development & Strategy. The successful candidate will have a strong curiosity to explore unknown areas to develop our own map, ownership to complete the projects and strategic thinking to figure out the paths to move forward against challenges and/or pressures came from internally and externally.
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company
- Build broad and deep external network with entrepreneurs, VCs, CVCs, Public Sectors
- Develop and manage the agile & lean startup business development process
- Hands-On work with the internal engineering project teams to develop their business plans
- Collaborate with Computer Vision Center (CVC) teams to get joint projects with partners mutually successful
- Develop tailored intrapreneurship culture and lead successful post-merger integration
- Manage business development team to be able to achieve the goals
- Develop projections for new business and its potential impact on revenue and expenses
- Help manage strategic relationships with current partners, which may include attending business reviews, planning sessions and senior level meetings
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- The ability to drive innovative thinking, propensity to think beyond walls of current business models and status quo
- 7+ years of sales, investment, venture capital (VC) merge & acquisition (M&A), or other business development experience and broad international network
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – an out of the box thinker who is able to figure out how to successfully achieve goals with limited resources. Launch new ideas through passionate curiosity and the ability to adapt and lead change
- Drive for Results - Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality
- Effective Communication - Communicate clearly and effectively at all levels within the company, external partners and customers. Display strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences
- A natural collaborator, with the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization and promote ideas persuasively
- Strong negotiation skills
- BA or BS degree
- Business level English