A global surface solution technology company with a growing automotive BU is currently looking for a Production Manager to join the firm and help drive the business forward with Japanese customers.
The roles & responsibilities include:
- Provides direction, development and leadership to all areas of responsibility.
- Establishes and monitors plant performance against suitable targets and quality standards, ensuring that plant and equipment is capable of meeting the required production and delivery schedule in accordance with the strategic plan for the business.
- Identifies and optimises the resources required to meet business needs, prepares and works within agreed budgets to deliver business goals by directing resources, managing workflows, setting of and reporting against performance targets (KPIs such as delivery, productivity, quality, HSE, 5S and OOE) and continuous improvement.
- Monitors operational performance across departments, and ensures that robust and realistic recovery plans are put in place and adhered to where underperformance is identified.
- Deploys effective and timely practical problem-solving techniques to establish root cause and implement effective corrective action for deviations.
- Initiates recruitment where appropriate with detailed job specifications, and provides appropriate training and development of all staff.
- Ensures effective communication across departments within area of responsibility to promote team working and a general understanding of the company’s goals and objectives.
- Strives to maintain a consistent high level of discipline, morale and harmonious relationships amongst peers and subordinates.
- Identifies and promotes capital projects consistent with business goals, and prepares justifications to company procedures. Ensures that capital projects are executed on time and to budget, and deliver the benefits committed.
- Deploys performance management tools including appraisals, skills matrices and capability/competence assessments to manage and develop the skills and performance of direct reports and others in area of responsibility.
- Ensures that all customer complaints and non-conformances are acted on in a timely and accurate manner, where necessary ensuring effective liaison with customers and other departments.
- Visits customers and suppliers to build and maintain good working relationships, resolve quality concerns and ensure the company’s offerings best suits customers’ needs.
- Contributes to the development of the company strategy by sharing insights and intelligence, recommending courses of action in combination with the company’s management team which look to exploit appropriate market opportunities.
- Ensure all statutory and legal compliances, ISO standards are met.
- University degree (mechanical engineering) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in running / managing a profit centre (profit & loss responsibility)
in manufacturing industry
- Has a strong knowledge of manufacturing engineering, process and quality control.
- Open and positive mind-set with experience in international / cross-cultural business environment.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Strong leadership skill with excellent oral and written communication / negotiation skills
- English communication capability (business level)
- Managing Courage Perspective
- Process Management
- Building Effective Teams
- Developing People
- Strategic Ability
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.