A unique opportunity to be involved in APAC operations for a Luxury European automotive manufacturer from a Japan base. You will be working closely with head office and regional partners as you track and monitor dealership inventory activity, orders and planning to ensure effective long term operational plans are in place to bolster sales operations across the Asia Pacific region.
Key Tasks and Objectives:
• Informing the APAC Director where a partner does not have a minimum of 14- week forward order plan
• Communication to the Regional Operations Managers daily of the progress towards the regions wholesale and retail objectives
• Fleet control, management & remarketing
• Communication to APAC Director and APAC sales team, plus global head office
• Detailed Tracking & Monitoring:
• Weekly Order call
• Daily retail registration
• Daily wholesale activity
• Dealer performance versus target for retail, wholesale and allocation activity
• Update global head office Dashboard
• Update of VME tracking
• Development and regular upgrading of the suite of Daily Operating Controls that deliver accurate data to the team within APAC office.
• Circulate all daily updated reports to APAC team and highlight any urgent issues.
• Data management that recognises the importance of inventory, retail and wholesale activity linked into accurate target setting and monitoring
• Development of the retail and wholesale sales plan for each dealer partner alongside the APAC Regional Director, identifying annual, quarterly and monthly objectives.
• Report on each Dealer Partners’ inventory to ensure all retail targets can be met with the correct mix and profile
• Ensure each Dealer Partners’ forward order plan is geared towards supporting future retail activity
• Manage the data surrounding the regional quarterly financial budget through managing the expenditure and accruals ensuring that over and under spend are communicated to the APAC Regional Director and the Finance Manager located in the global head office
• Manage all requests for financial support from the regional managers ensuring that each category is monitored and managed on a daily basis.
• Manage and audit the quarterly claims submissions from the dealers ensuring complete compliancy with the structured claims process highlighting areas of non-compliance to APAC Regional Director.
• Manage the claims submissions into global head office's Finance Team ensuring prompt and accurate payment to all dealer partners.
• Plan weekly activity to ensure that the companies “order call” requirement is both communicated to the team and is submitted on a timely basis
• Support the management and ongoing development of the APAC Dealer Network, developing, terminating and where necessary recruiting dealers.
• Research and evaluation of the APAC region, including competitor network, automotive groups, demographics and other key indicators of wealth, creating reports which directly inform the network strategy and intelligence
• Ongoing management of the Global Network Development hub for the APAC Region, inclusive of annual due diligence
• Support the development of key regional strategy documents and recommendations to the board for approval
• Project manage the appointment and termination of Dealer Partners, inclusive of the preparation of all legal documentation
• Project management of facility redevelopment and relocations across APAC region
• Management, analysis and reporting upon Dealer annual business plans and ongoing performance
• Detailed monthly, quarterly and annual analysis of dealer performance (inclusive of composite) against individual and regional targets
• Annual Vehicle Parc Analysis inclusive of Aftersales retention analysis and reporting in conjunction with the Head of Aftersales
• Management of ROM activity across Dealer Visit Reports, Surveys, Stock check and actions
• CSI performance tracking and improvement management
• Dealer Operating Standards (DOS) and Mystery shop performance tracking and improvement management
• Communicate into head office on regular basis information regarding wholesale funding including age, extensions, stock audits and funding utilization issues.
• Manage the APAC Fleet build, registration and de-fleet programs managing also the age, utilization and mileage such that maximum RV can be achieved.
• Communicate the closed auction to all dealer partners on a quarterly basis from the regional communication paper to closure of the auction analyzing data from all dealer bids.
• Develop good relationships with:
a. Regional Operations Managers
b. Dealer partners sales managers, business managers and accountants
c. Head office Sales Operations, including Network Development
d. Head office Finance Manager
• Higher degree or substantial equivalent experience - Desirable
• At least 5 years’ experience managing data preferably within automotive retail or OEM
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – Essential
• Ability to use IT to a high level of competence – Essential
• Ability to think strategically and to communicate - Essential
• Ability to read inventory reports and translate the same into operational improvement plans
Experience and Knowledge
• Previous experience of working within Manufacturer / Importer - Preferable
• Current knowledge of key issues effecting the Automotive sector - Essential
• A thorough understanding of Automotive Retail operations - Essential
• A strong track record of building productive partnerships - Essential
• An ability to think laterally and solve problems in a creative fashion - Essential
• Team player with an innovative approach to problem solving – Essential
Management Position/ 管理職・マネジメント採用, Make use of languages / 英語・中国語など語学を活かす, Global Mobility / 海外転勤あり
- Work for world famous European luxury automotive firm