The primary focus is on overall project management of the global projects for TOYOTA and technical interface with customers. This includes, but not limited to quotation, design, testing/tuning, prototype builds, etc. Also this position leads internal departments and global project team as a focal point of communication.
- Identify business opportunities by promotion in collaboration with sales team to achieve settled revenue plan.
- Manage relationships with customer, external technical partner, and key suppliers.
- Lead/manage/monitor engineering activity in global teams to ensure product performance/durability thru design review board with engineering documents such as, design input, FMEA, Design Validation Plan and related engineering documents including drawing to be released.
- Plan and coordinate/organize required engineering resource for projects and required engineering tasks including negotiation with overseas engineering center in case internal engineering resource is not enough.
- Act as representative of engineering department for any negotiation internally, or outside.
- Support engineers for high level technical communications with customer and with global engineering teams.
- Travel, both domestic and international, to suppliers, plants, and customer locations to support development and launch activities
- More than 10 years of engineering experience is required, preferably in TOYOTA and /or worked with TOYOTA in Tier1 Company.
- B.S in Engineering required. Advanced degree or training is desirable.
- Powertrain/engine related technical knowledge is preferred.
- Must be able to work as part of a team in a fast paced, global organization.
- Both English and Japanese communication/negotiation skills are must
- Ability to work flexibly including night conference calls
- Domestic and international travel required
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.