Working at a firm that can create a new world for manufacturers by helping them leverage IoT, AI towards a future of cloud based software solutions to support and optimize customer supply chains. In this role you will become an expert and soon play a key role in solution consulting. The role is based in Tokyo.
The Solution Consultant is a core member of the sales team, working together to identify and develop revenue opportunities within the customer and prospect base.
This will involve analyzing complex customer requirements and providing a compelling, unique value proposition to the customer.
The presales is responsible for helping the customer visualize the value proposition by building out business cases using products and solutions and delivering technology and business level presentations to technical, business and management-level audiences.
- Establish a deep understanding of our customers’ business and technical needs
- Create a “trusted business/technical resource” relationship with our customer’s business managers, technologists and internal teammates
- Help develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level. Includes providing vision, system and application architecture definition, problem anticipation and problem-solving ability
- Design, validate and present software solutions, including advanced product concepts, future direction and industry solutions
- Develop and deliver high quality, standardized or customized presentations, demonstrations & business cases (value assessment / ROI estimate)
- Responds to RFx requests, taking the lead for the solution and technical elements of the response.
- Develop and maintain strong teaming relationship with other members of the company to leverage product, process and engineering expertise
- Maintain the highest possible personal standards and ethics
- General understanding of how to develop and sell enterprise solutions- Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success
- Understanding of the technology stack to include OS, DB, middleware, application layer, virtualization and cloud technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels
- Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
- Demonstrated problem solving and consulting skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends – go beyond the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results (get-things-done mindset)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline
- 5+ years’ work experience in enterprise software presales, implementation consultant or relevant roles
- Legal authorization to work in the Japan is required
- Proven track record of success as presales
- Experience and knowledge in manufacturing industry. Supply Chain Management, ERP, CRM (Field Service) experience would be a plus
- Fluent in English and Japanese (written and spoken)