A British automotive Tier 1 supplier company with a specialization in driveline, drivetrain and powertrain components development and manufacturing. With a proud history stemming back to 1759, this company is one of the oldest suppliers on the market.
This position adds value by providing the working-level on-site engineering interface to the customer for assigned program(s), support project execution in alignment with customer expectations throughout the product life cycle, in support and under the guidance of the Application Engineering Manager.
- Provide on-site engineering representation to the customer for assigned program(s), under the guidance of the Application Engineering Manager. Promote the GKN brand and technology to the customer.
- Establish and develop effective relationships with customer engineering functions at working levels.
- Confirm that project execution of deliverables meets customer expectations for assigned program(s) throughout the program life cycle of C, D, and E phase in support of the Application Engineering Manager, and in coordination with the Engineering Programme Manager. Escalated discrepancies through the AEM.
- Provide engineering support to ensure robust change management in C and D phases for assigned program(s). Ensure proper documentation of changes within the customer change system. Coordinate changes with Commercial Team to ensure that costs are accounted.
- Support Customer Development Income (CDI) recovery for assigned program(s), as directed by the Application Engineering Manager, by providing Engineering documentation.
- Escalate technical issues through the Application Engineering Manager, with the support of the Programme Engineering, in accordance with the PPSI process.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- 2+ years if engineering experience (automotive industry preferred)
- Programme Management
- Product Safety (Design Specific)
- Understand CAPM Process and Customer Milestone Delivery
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.