As a sales specialist / engineer for clean energy solutions you will be responsible for business development handling mainly Toyota, Honda and Hino. You will be preparing tender responses and handling commercial negotiations as well as being responsible for customer relationships throughout a project and works with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- You will represent Clean Energy Solutions to customers together with and under the direction of the sales manager.
- Support Sales manager in developing profitable business on his/ her assigned account
- Manage prices communication to the customer in agreement with Sales Manager
- Track selling price and material margin evolution by part number
- He/ She builds a trustful relationship with Customers and drives satisfaction, in compliance with the Corporate Code of Conduct
- Ensures reliability, safety, compliance to norms and regulations of product/system and to ergonomic rules
- Develop teamwork on a collaborative mode and works in synergy with all project team members to achieve project objectives
- Support sales manager regarding RFI and RFQ process on the assigned OEM account
- Acts as the voice of the Customer
- Coordinates cash-in and account receivables for the Customers invoices (prototypes, specific investments…) as well as preparing quotations on time to customer.
- Support regarding contractual documents applicable to customer project
- Validates with Sales manager offer content, and if necessary, with legal department based on Sales manager direction
- Reviews with corporate legal function, all contractual and warranty obligations with the customer, suppliers and third parties
- Circulates customer information to project team members and production plant(s)
- Lead customer price negotiations and revisions during development and production phases (lifetime includes orders for replacement parts).
- Align with Sales Manager for strategic negotiation.
- Monitors price revisions, consistent invoicing and payments in alignment with Sales manager
- Proposes and negotiates productivity plans with customer in alignment with Sales manager
- Negotiate Customer’s contribution to tooling and development costs (cash) in alignment with Sales manager
- Contributes to maintain or better improve project overall profitability
- Contributes to continuous improvement of material margin and optimizes cash
- Relays innovative concepts, applicable to project and customer
- Records sales project history file and shares experience internally
- Market share and new business (Business Plan)
- Profitability (material margin, EBIT)
- Customers’ contribution for tooling and development costs
- Early invoicing and cash-in (cash flow)
- Customer satisfaction and internal satisfaction
- Price-walk data management
- Bachelor degree in any field but Business preferred
- Experience of sales in automotive (Tier 1) or high-volume manufacturing preferred
- Does not need to be technical
- Team spirit
- Clear and transparent communication, good presentation, credibility, trustful
- Fluency in Japanese and English (Business level)
- Experienced negotiator
- Good knowledge of automotive industry
- Financial literacy
- Rigor and autonomy Job
- Good communication skill both in Japanese and English is necessary
- Will be handling mainly Toyota, Honda, Hino together with sales manager.
* Please be advised that if you do not currently reside or have permission to work in the Japan region, we reserve the right not to proceed.
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.