In a world moving quickly towards autonomous driving, highly accurate maps will remain critical to ensuring safe vehicle operations both on the highway and local roads and yet this field remains an exhaustive and highly manual process meaning real-time high definition map updates often propagate through to the user far too slowly. Join a team that will shift this paradigm as you become responsible for developing new high definition mapping cloud platform by integrating sensor data from vehicles and global imagery from satellites.
It is an open software platform based on a contribution model: participating developers accept that vehicles deploying their application or software contribute anonymized sensor data to the platform. In return, every developer has easy, safe, open and sustainable access to high definition maps from across industries, fleets and car makers. One-stop-shop open APIs that allow developers to focus on building software. No need to worry about specific map implementations and maintenance, just pull down the data needed whenever it is needed. Updated maps will use mainstream camera data, the map update and building process will be increasingly automated, and satellite imagery will help build out a global road network where vehicles are not present in sufficient numbers to support a data pipeline.
The Strategic Planning Team is responsible for developing the strategic direction beyond vehicle programs and towards building product software lines across the company. The ability to swiftly distill intelligence from the market into agile product teams via an enhanced and modern product marketing function will help accelerate our progress towards developing the safest possible automated driving vehicle. This team is also responsible for building up an ecosystem of developers and partners, starting with early-stage proof of concepts for the Automated Driving Platform.
As a creative and energetic Go-To-Market Manager, you will find product requirements of customers in global regions, build Go-To-Market strategy including partnerships with key players, and support all Pre-Sales activity of products e.g. Automated Mapping Platform (AMP).
You will be an important role to translate vision and strategy of the product to specific solution and value for the product portfolio from an outside-in insight including what is available now and in the future.
You should have an understanding of the Automated Driving, Automotive, Software, Platform, UX, and Location based businesses with a passion for technology and for working in a fast-paced environment.
- Evaluate the market needs and create Go-To-Market strategies that will expand acknowledgement of relevant products.
- Support pre-sales activity of products to global regions, in close cooperation with multiple teams.
- Work across other Strategic Planning teams to create new campaigns, programs, in addition to Go-To-Market initiatives
- Create a network and engage with the teams to maintain the full overview of the product portfolio
- Have expert ability to create tactics from strategy
- Present products at industry events, and build regional pipelines
- Enhance unique sales points of the product to potential/existing partners, customers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business, Commercial, Strategy, or equivalent. Master’s degree an optional plus.
- Proven track record of Go-To-Market ability to execute a complex sales process, including experiences in leading a bridge roll between market/customers and Product teams
- Working experience collaborating with business development, partner management, product management and product engineering in the software technology industry
- Working experience discussing embedded, enterprise, cloud, UX and other software products with technical engineers
- Working experience with Product and Portfolio Marketing is a plus
- Experience in one large company, as well as one smaller company or startup
- Working knowledge in disruptive technology concepts: AI, Machine learning, Cloud, Big Data & Analytics, UX, Map data bases and Autonomous Driving is a plus
- Experience with business solutions in the area of mobility/location-based technology and services e.g. HD maps, Routing services, Transportation, Logistics etc. is a plus
- Work experience with country/local government is a plus
- Strong product and customer orientation including readily identifying and qualifying gap between products and customer needs
- Ability to make effective presentations and to answer questions regarding products
- Understanding of cutting-edge technologies with the ability to learn new ones fast
- Solid skills for project, time and budget management
- Working knowledge of marketing channels, tools, and processes is a plus
- Excellent skills for communication, documentation and people engagement
- Self-motivated, proactive, positive, flexible and willing to contribute to the team target
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology. Experience of agile a plus.
- Business Level English required
- Japanese language skills preferred
** Please also be advised that if you clearly do not meet the requirements of the position, we reserve the right not to proceed although consultants will always endeavor to consider your profile for other positions.